Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 CMBA Hitchcock Blogathon

Welcome to the Classic Movie Blog Association's 2011 Hitchcock Blogathon. It's a marathon homage to the Master of Suspense, spanning over 40 years of his films. Twenty members of the CMBA are reviewing the following Hitchcock classics (click on the blog name to read the post):

The Birds – Classic Film & TV CafĂ©
Dial M for MurderTrue Classics: The ABCs of Film
The Lady VanishesMacGuffin Movies
Lifeboat – Classicfilmboy’s Movie Paradise
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) – Reel Revival
MarnieMy Love of Old Hollywood 
Mr. and Mrs. SmithCarole & Co. 
North By NorthwestBette’s Classic Movie Blog
NotoriousTwenty Four Frames
The Pleasure GardenThrilling Days of Yesteryear
Rear WindowJava’s Journey
RebeccaClassicBecky’s Film and Literary Review
RopeKevin’s Movie Corner
Shadow of a DoubtGreat Entertainers Media Archive
The 39 StepsGarbo Laughs
Three Classic Hitchcock KillersThe Lady Eve’s Reel Life
Torn Curtain - Via Margutta 51
The Trouble with HarryBit Part Actors
VertigoNoir and Chick Flicks
The Wrong ManThe Movie Projector

6 comments:

  1. As a longtime Hitchcock fan and relatively recent blogger, I'm wowed by the excellent cornucopia of Hitchcock movie blog posts in CMBA's blogathon! I'm glad today is a holiday so I can read them all at my leisure. :-) Great job, everyone! By the way, I noticed you're shy a STRANGERS ON A TRAIN review, so if you're interested.... :-) http://doriantb.blogspot.com/2010/10/lovers-and-other-stranglers-alfred.html

    Keep those great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the pleasure of reading everyone's blogs and I'm so happy to not only be apart of the Blogathon but amongst such amazing writers and lovers of Hitchcock and Old Hollywood.
    What a fun day it's been so far.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for organizing this blogathon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick,

    I just want to thank you for organizing this blogathon. It gave me the chance to visit many blogs for the first time and I must say there is a high level of knowledge and enthusiasm in this group. The film selection was great and I had a lot of fun reading everyone's opinions and thoughts. It also makes me want to revisit some films that I have not seen in a long time.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping this will be an annual event. I had fun writing and then reading all the comments. Next year, "Hitchcock, The Silent Era."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick,

    What fun! We should have more blogathons. :)

    ReplyDelete