Interested in Joining the Classic Movie Blog Association (CMBA)?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the CMBA, read on.
To qualify for membership, your classic film blog must have existed for a minimum of ninety days and meet the criteria described below. New members are accepted by a vote of the current membership, and elections are scheduled four times a year, in January, April, July and October. Approval of 70% of the voting members is required for election into the CMBA.
1. Content cannot contain obscene, indecent, or profane material or links to such material. Mild profanity and nudity are acceptable, especially in context of describing a film. A good rule of thumb is that a member's blog must comply with U.S. network television standards on the occasional use of mild profanity, nudity, and gore.
2. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. If short excerpts of copyrighted material are used, the original source and author must be cited.
3. A substantial amount of blog content must be devoted to classic films (e.g., as opposed to current films).
4. New content should be published on a regular basis (at least monthly).
5. The purpose of a blog cannot be to expressly sell merchandise or promote a business that sells merchandise. Blogs can be monetized, contain advertisements, and contain links to businesses (providing that is not the site’s sole purpose).
6. You must adhere to the highest blogging standards in terms of providing content that is accurate, well-written, informative, and entertaining.
If your blog meets this criteria and you are interested in joining the CMBA, send an e-mail inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to two weeks to receive a response to your inquiry.
Post a Comment