Sunday, January 13, 2013

John Garfield Blogathon


In honor of the March 4th 100th birthday of the incredibly talented John Garfield, They Don’t Make ‘Em Like They Used To will host a blogathon.

Anyone may participate. Whether you want to write about one of John Garfield's films, his stage career, his "method" acting, his Hollywood blacklisting, or any other facet of his too-short life, you are invited to join in the 100th birthday celebration.

The blogathon will take place that entire weekend---Friday to Monday, March 1st through March 4th. More details will be forthcoming, as will directions for posting your article(s) to the blogathon.  For now, though, just let Patti know if you intend to be part of the fun and what aspect of Mr. Garfield's career or life you'd like to write about.  You can leave a comment on this post or email Patti at pattiamg27@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. If the gang at THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO doesn't mind including a piece from 2011, I'd like to suggest my blog post on Oscar-nominated THE FALLEN SPARROW from my blog TALES OF THE EASILY DISTRACTED. If not, I'd still be glad to post the John Garfield ad to help spread the word. Please let me know. Thanks, and good luck with the Blogathon - you can never have too much John Garfield! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be glad to include my 2011 blog post about John Garfield in THE FALLEN SPARROW, if someone else hasn't grabbed it! If not, no problem; I'd still be glad to post an ad for it on my blog TALES OF THE EASILY DISTRACTED. Looking forward to reading everyone's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Patti's John Garfield Blogathon, I'll be covering the espionage thriller DANGEROUSLY THEY LIVE (1941) on Saturday, March 2nd, over at TALES OF THE EASILY DISTRACTED. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete