Wednesday, August 14, 2019

CMBA 2019 FALL BLOGATHON





Hello Everyone,

It's still summer, but the fall season is coming soon and with it comes the CMBA Fall Blogathon. This year is special as we celebrate the organization’s 10th anniversary! The CMBA is the brainchild of founding father Rick Armstrong (thank you, Rick!). In celebration, our subject this time around is anniversaries. Anniversaries of all kinds: Wedding, job, film directors, film anniversaries, for example, the twenty-fifth anniversary of Pulp Fiction (in five-year increments only 15, 20, 25, 30, etc.). Another example would be the anniversary of acting teams: Gable and Lombard, Laurel and Hardy, etc. (any anniversary year is acceptable). Be creative. If you’re not sure, ask!

Just a few rules. Only one film, acting team, director, etc. If a film is taken or an acting team you will be notified to make another selection.  

Join us for The Anniversary Blogathon. The dates are Oct. 15th through Oct 18th

Provide me with your selection and the date that you would like. Date selected may be subject to change if we need to balance out the activity.



The Contributors So Far...


October 15th (Tuesday)
Caftan Woman: Stray Dog 70th Anniversary 
A Person in the Dark: "The Stars"  57 Years of Fascination
Critica Retro: The Spanish  Flu Pandemic and  how it affected the Film Industry - 100 Years
Make Mine Film Noir: Double Indemnity: Film Noir After Seventy-Five Years
Silver Screen Modes: 95th Anniversary of MGM
Stars and Letters: Dark Victory (80th Anniversary)

October 16th (Wednesday)
The Movie Night Group: The Canterville Ghost (75 Yrs)  
Twenty Four Frames:  Easy Rider and The New Hollywood (1969)
Screen Dreams: 100th Anniversary of United Artists
Classic Film and TV Cafe: The Wild Bunch  (50th Anniversay)
Silver Screenings: All THe King's Men (70th Anniversary)
4 Star Films: The Third Man (1949)


October 17th (Thursday)
Old Hollywood Films: Ben-Hur (1959) 
Shadows and Satin: Top Five Film Noirs of 70 Years Ago
Once Upon A Screen: The Gay Divorcee 85th Anniversary 
Backlots: Anniversary of Rita Hayworth's Birth 
Cinematic Scribblings: Little Women (1994) 25th Anniversary


October 18th (Friday)
In The Good Old Days of  Classic Hollywood:  140 Years of Ethel Barrymore: An Enduring Legacy
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films:  4 Films Celebrating 40 Years
Strictly Vintage Hollywood: The Eyes of Youth (1919) 100th Anniversary
Hometowns to Hollywood: Glorifying the American Girl (1929)









26 comments:

  1. Could I write about the 1994 version of Little Women for its 25th anniversary? I'll take October 17th, but any date is fine, really. My blog is Cinematic Scribblings: https://cinematicscribblings.wordpress.com/ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could I possibly change my topic to Good Morning (1959)? Thank you.

      Delete
  2. The 15th will be fine (any day, really) for a tribute Kurosawa's Stray Dog on its 70th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe Pulp Fiction is 25 years old.. Can still remember getting blown away by it and it feels like yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put me down for 1979, writing about 4 films turning 40 this year. I'll post on the Friday. Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Please put me down for THE GAY DIVORCEE (1934), 85 Years of Astaire and Rogers.

    I hope it's not taken, but let me know.

    Aurora
    Once Upon a Screen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I’d like to write about the 100th anniversary of United Artists. Any date is fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to cover the 95th anniversary of MGM at silverscreenmodes.com
    on October 15. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'd like to do the 70th Anniversary of All the King's Men (1949), and I'd like to have Oct 18, if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to do the 70th Anniversary of The Third Man. The 16th suits me fine. Thank you!

    fourstarfilmfan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! It looks like my sign-up comment didn't work, but I'd like to do All the King's Men (1949), because it's the 70th anniversary. Would like October 18, if there's room. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to do the anniversary of the Third Man and I'm fine with the 16th since there are less people slotted if that's alright!

    fourstarfilmfan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay, but looking forward to your post.

      Delete
  12. John, I'll write about The Wild Bunch for its 50th anniversary. I'll take October 16th (Wednesday).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'd like to do Dark Victory for its 80th anniversary. Preferably on 15 October, but any date is ok. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I'd love to jump in on this blogathon. My topic is as follows--

    Glorifying the American Girl (1929): 90 Years Later

    Hometowns to Hollywood, www.hometownstohollywood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! You didn't mention a date. I put you down for the 18th, but that can be changed.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Forgot to mention my blog
    starsandletters.blogspot.com

    So as mentioned, I'd like to do Dark Victory for its 80th anniversary. Preferably on 15 October but any date is fine.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete